For Those About To Rock!!!!!

You have my salute

Friday, July 02, 2004

No Sleep till...

For some reason, I couldn't sleep at all last night. Although that is pretty normal for me, with the being an insomniac and all, I have been sleeping really well lately so it is a little weird and worrisome. I don't want to get back on the insomniac train right now, I have too much stuff to do. If it is just the one night though, it wasn't that bad. I caught up on my email correspondence at about 4:30am and found out all about Mary-Kate Olsen's anorexia from People Magazine (which can only be read in the middle of the night when the brain cells aren't working). Plus I got an early start on my work at about 5am. Here is a really sad confession, that makes me look far stupider than I actually am: The only crossword puzzles I can finish are the ones in People and TV Guide.

Finally some sunny days

What has been with all the rain here lately? Talk about uncharacteristic. Yesterday was the first really nice day in, I don't even know how long. So I took my dogs to the park and they played so hard that they are still sleeping. Lucky Them.

Fashion Emergency

I am going through a thing where I hate all my clothes but don't want to buy more because I would rather put the money into my house or upcoming trip. I think I am going to have to break down and buy some though. I should clarify that I actually have plenty of clothes and don't really need more (except for jeans, I never seem to have enough jeans), I just want different ones.

My Perfect Band

I have been trying to think about if I could combine bands to make one perfect band, which would I use? It is a complex little game in my head as I first have to establish ground rules. Rules like can the band be from any era? (yes) Could it be a solo artist? (yes) Could I use 15 bands (no, I think the cutoff should be four). Plus I have to give myself reasons why. I am making it even harder on myself than I have to because I am trying to not use bands that I view as derivative because that would be like a bigger combination of bands once you got into their influences. So basically I can only use really ground breaking bands or one band from a ground breaking era or sound.
Right now this is my best one:

The showmanship rock stylings of Styx combined with
The harmonies of the Beach Boys combined with
The glamour and girl factor Dusty Springfield combined with
The heartbreaking lyrics of Elliott Smith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home