For Those About To Rock!!!!!

You have my salute

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

I swear to god that I am going to start writing again

It's not my fault...really. I have been travelling and dealing (and I mean that in the most negative sense of the word) with family visits. I feel like I have had no time to myself this summer. In one way that is really great, I like being busy. In another way it is terrible because I hate it when i over-extend myself and things fall through the cracks. Hopefully, things will settle down in the fall.

Denver Derby Dolls

Good news to report on the derby front. I have met some other girls who are interested in starting the derby and one of them has actually done derby in the Carolina Rollergirls. Yay! However, my many travel commitments are getting in the way of me actually skating and scouting rinks. So far the other girls have been to two without me. See this is what I am talking about with the slipping through the cracks. I feel lame.

East Bound and Down

Next week I am going on a road trip to Tennessee in celebration of my friend's 34th birthday. He enjoys prematurely aging himself so last year he thought he was turning 34 too but he wasn't. This year it is for real. For almost a full year, I mocked his tendancy to prematurely age himself but I guess the joke was on me. Week before last I was out for drinks (I actually drank something called Go Fuck Yourself Juice) with my rollerderby cohorts and the whole time I was like 28, 28, I'm 28. I got home and realized that I am not 28 until August 8th.

We will be visiting Graceland, Lorretta Lynn's Ranch and Dollywood. It is going to be one hell of a good time. I wonder if I can find some rollerskating rinks on the way. I know that I have said it before but I love Dolly Parton.

Speaking of Youth

It is a strange thing having friends who are all older than you (okay, I have like two younger friends). No matter how old you get, they always think of you as young. In a way it is kind of flattering but in another way it can be really annoying because they act like none of your complaints about getting older are valid. I was out to dinner with a friend last week and was talking about how I have just come to a point in my life where it is too mentally exhausting to worry about things that I have no control over. After I told him this he said "what are you talking about, you are barely old enough to drink". Like I said, flattering but it doesn't exactly move the conversation forward. That being said, I am actually very happy to be a bit older (though not so happy about the grey hair) because I feel like things are going really well overall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home