For Those About To Rock!!!!!

You have my salute

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Dream Killer

I found this dress on eBay that I would totally love to get married in (or to if I was marrying a dress instead of daniel) but it isn't the right size - I could have one just like it made though - it isn't complicated:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8317428643&category=48868&rd=1

The only problem is, that I would be killing my mother's dream of my dress being made out of her wedding dress. I can't actually wear her dress because she is 5'7" and weighed about 100 lbs (anorexic) when she got married. It was her one request that I make mine out of hers though. So for a brief moment I was wrapped up in the idea of a real wedding dress using this very wedding-y fabric. I don't know what I was thinking, as that is so not me, but this pink dress - well, it couldn't be more me. There will probably be some sort of compromise involving the fabric and a more understated retro style but it won't be this pink dress.

It is a dilemma.

I want daniel to get a baby blue tux. Which would make this dress even more perfect.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink? You mean you're not a... not a...


I'm not wearing baby blue. You can forget that right now.

12:47 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

This girl is not wearing white, that's for sure.

You know you want the tux - just give in to it. how about mint green? The shirt ruffles would be so hot!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will consider mint green.

12:53 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Actually, the green and pink will be so hot together.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yes I like Malibu and Cranberry
And getting caught in the rain
I'm not much into health food
I am into champagne
I've got to meet you by tomorrow seven thirty
And cut through all this red-tape
At a skeeball bar called Fat City
Where we'll plan our escape."

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home