For Those About To Rock!!!!!

You have my salute

Monday, July 11, 2005

Weekend Recap

Friday night Daniel and I went to see Dark Water. I am still debating whether or not I would recommend it. Plot: total shit, these Japanese remakes all basically have the same plot - dead kid, woman in peril. But who ever wrote the english adaptation has some really good dialogue skills, there were some funny ass lines in that movie, mostly coming from John C. Reilly - who was totally brilliant. So I guess i would say: Dark Water - wait for video.

Saturday was great. Woke up early but wasn't grumpy about it. Let out lots of dogs so they could pee, both my own and others. Went to a Breakfast BBQ that has some drama, but overall was very nice. There was actually two different drama points, one where I looked like an asshole for not knowing anything (through no fault of my own) and one where daniel looked like an asshole for being in a heated telephone discussion (through no fault of his own, unless you count dialing). So we came out even.

Though it did leave me a little grumpy for the rest of the weekend (I had typed some other stuff here but I have taken it out, I don't like my blog to warehouse my insecurities about other people).

After the BBQ we went home and moped for a bit and then I went to Bladium for the bout dress rehearsal. It was great! I predict that I am going to kick ass at the play by play even though I am very nervous about it. Talked to the documentarian Frank for a while and he made me even more nervous by pointing out that it was solely my job to keep the crowd interested in the bout. I got off some hot one liners while testing the mic and discovered that there are no tickets that I can sell personally, so if I said that I was going to have tickets for you to buy - please go to twist and shout to purchase. Or you can get them at the door but they will be two dollars more.

Best part of the weekend: While I was at bladium, Daniel cleaned my whole house. It was, seriously, the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. I was really surprised and it was such a relief as my house has been a major stress point lately.

Saturday night we ate dinner at Patsy's (I'd give the dinner a 7 out of 10) and went to the Bug to see Demon of the Derby: The Ann Calvello story. It was great and I cried a little. Then it was so nice out that we walked to the street fair that the church a block down from my house was having. Daniel got a snowcone and I ate some contraband cotton candy.

Fell asleep watching season six Buffy, which Daniel is totally into now.

Sunday I went roller skating for the first time since my accident. It was great even though I was really scared of falling. Skillwise I was at about the same level as when I fell. Speed and endurance wise, I need a lot of work. I went to the skate city in Littleton, their floor is very nice. It felt so great to be skating again and I did exactly as well as I wanted to. I think I might have to skate with both braces on next time though as I think I will be less likely to be afraid of falling then.

Spent the rest of the day lazing around the hot hot house with the dogs while Daniel and his kick ball team, the Hot Licks, scored a mighty victory against the previously undefeated Hessian Nation.

I tried to watch The Day After but fell asleep about 30 minutes in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home